This guide provides an overview of product features and functions related to the Service Department.
Appointments, Scheduling and Reception
- Schedule Appointments
- Appointments can be scheduled on the editable calendar without leaving the page.
- Assign Advisors and Technicians to Appointments
- Each scheduled event can be linked to either an Advisor or a Service Technician
- Re-Assign Appointments by Drag and Drop
- Appointments can be moved by simply dragging and dropping the event to a new resource within the same location.
- Export Calendar of Events
- The calendar of events can be exported to PDF for printable view, or to send via email.
- Select Advisors to show on the Calendar
- Each named user can be displayed or hidden from the scheduling interface.
- Multi-Company Mode
- The Service Scheduling interface allows for easy toggle between service locations. This feature is specifically beneficial for centralized scheduling or for companies running business development centers.
- Create Repair Order from Appointment
- Advisors and other system users are able to create a repair order directly from the appointment. Appointment details such as Customer, Mileage, Vehicle and Appointment Lines are carried forward to the Repair Order.
- Service Repair Orders
- Create service repair orders to track the flow of work through the service centers. Repair Orders are tracked via status. Each Repair Order will contain Labor, Parts and the related Vehicle. Repair Orders also contain links to the Purchase Orders for outside services such as sublet work.
- Job Lines
- Repair Orders can contain up to 200 job lines per invoice. The job line represents the specific work to be performed. Each line contains the following elements.
Concern : Concern to be addressed with this repair event
Cause : Root cause of the issue requiring correction
Correction : The work performed to correct the concern
Labor : Labor charges and technical clock events related to the labor charges
Parts : Parts related to the specific job line
Purchase Order : Outside purchases of expenses to be related to the repair event.
- Multiple Payment Methods
- Service repair orders can contain multiple payment methods on a single work order. These payment methods are as follows.
C - Customer Pay
W - Warranty
I - Internal
These charges are totaled and applied individually to the general ledger.
- Printed Customer Work Order
- Laser printed documents branded with your companies custom branding. The customer work order contains details and descriptions of the work to be performed, as well as an estimate of charges.
- Printed Documents for Internal Workflow
- Custom documents support for internal facing and external documents supporting business processes.
- Audit / Accounting Copies
- Printed accounting and audit copies are available to be generated at the time the repair order is invoiced.
- Used to collect customer payment or stage an invoice for close before being posted to accounting. Cashiering allows for collection of deposits, final payment and record cash box transactions.
- Attachments, Notes
- Using Attachments and Notes you can attach files of any type as well as notes to each work order. These can be attached on both the desktop and mobile device for ease of capturing vehicle information while in the shop, on the road or away from the desk.
- Each record can contain future and complete activities. This feature allows for workflow based or manual follow up on Repair Orders. Examples of this would be pending estimate approvals or notifications to contact the customer when all job lines are complete.
- Tracking Open Work
- Using the Service Repair Orders Tab to create Route Sheets allows users to track work they own as well as work for others they are responsible for.
- Queue Records
- Assigning records to be Owned by members of a Queue allows you to make a team responsible for the completion of work.
- Operations Codes
- Each repair line requires an operation code to be attached to the service job line. The operation code allows for the defaulting of concern, payment method and other properties such as labor and parts charges.
- Marketing Codes
- Operation codes can be added to repair orders for the purpose of creating custom workflow to deliver marketing messages to customers at a future date/time.
- Shop Load
- Operation codes offer methods for understanding shop load based on the open and active operation codes in-process at each location.
Electronic Repair Order
- Electronic Clocking
- Technicians can clock time directly to a repair order. The time is clocked as either Diagnostic or Repair time. Each clock entry can contain actual and book time. The book time allows for technician efficiency measurement. Book time can be specified by the Labor Operation Code.
- Enter Cause / Correction / Diagnostic Codes
- Technician access view provides a limited view of the repair order that allows the technician to focus on the repair as well as time associated with the repair. The technician can be permitted to update the Cause / Correction directly in the Repair Order using this view.
- iPad Access
- Mobile device access to view and update data items necessary for technicians to interact with the repair order record.
- Service Vehicle
- The service vehicle record is a VIN Specific record used to track service and ownership events.
- VIN Decoding
- Passenger, Light and Medium Duty vehicles can be VIN decoded to provide basic and detailed information.
- Vehicle Owner
- Consumer or Business ownership of a specific Service Vehicle. For B2B applications the Vehicle can contain references to the business that owns the vehicle as well as any contacts associated with that business.
- Warranty Events
- The service vehicle retains a history of all repairs including Warranty Repairs.
- Repeat Repair Notification
- Workflow support for advanced repeat repair notification.
Reports and Dashboards
- Template Service Reports
- The service department application comes with pre-built reports providing a template to extend or build you own custom reports upon.
- Report Builder
- Use the report builder to build custom drag and drop reports. All of the fields on each business object can be included in the report allowing for significant reporting capabilities.
- Drill Down Reporting
- The output of each report contains links to the source records that make up the report.
- Scheduled Report Delivery
- Deliver reports on a specified schedule to end users. This allows the distribution of managed information to those who need it.
- Graphs and Charts
- Each report type can include a graphical representation of the data.
- Export to Excel / Printable View
- Reports can be exported. The export can be performed to include all data in an excel style format, or a printable view.
- Dashboard Builder
- Empower your employees and hold them accountable with Dashboards. The dashboard builder allows you to display large amounts of information in a single dashboard. The dashboard builder uses reports to provide context to each dashboard component. These components are drill down capable to the source report.
- Schedule Delivery of Dashboards
- Dashboards can be scheduled to be emailed to one or more individuals in the organization.