Listed below are screen shots and field definitions for each section of a physical Part Record.
Included in this section are fields that define the Part.
- Location:MFG:Part Number - This field is the Part Name and a unique string representing the Part by its Location Code: Manufacturer Code: Part Number.
- Company - The physical location of the inventoried part item.
- Description - Description of the part. This field is limited to 255 characters.
- Part Master - Required for all inventoried part items, this lookup field controls and defines the part. Learn more about Parts Master.
- Status - Status of the part. This value can be Active, Obsolete, Obsolete with Inventory. The status of this part is controlled by the Part Master.
- MFG - Manufacturer of the part. Defined by the Part Master.
- UPC - Universal product code associated with this part. This field allows for part managers to save an additional unique value related to this part.
Included in this section are fields for list, cost and core values. These values traditionally represent the pricing details either provided by the part manufacturer or manually populated.
- List - Represents the suggested retail price for this part.
- Cost - This value is the current cost of replacing this part.
- Core - Core value to be reserved when this part is sold.
- Static Price - This price field overrides the pricing strategy set on a part. For example, if using a matrix pricing strategy and this field is populated the part will be sold at this static price.
- Gross Margin - Calculated field. List - Cost / List. This field is primarily used for reporting.
- Minimum Margin - Control field. When set, a part may not be sold for less than the minimum margin. This field does not base margin on the FIFO/LIFO value, but the default cost specified on the part record.
- Price Update - Checkbox that defaults to True when a new part inventory record is created. This field determines if this part should allow it's values to be updated if a price tape update is run.
- Jobber - Control field that specifies what the default jobber price on this part should be. Jobbers are usually categorized as mechanical repair shops purchasing for resale purposes.
Inventory section contains details related to the current stocking levels of the part inventory.
- On-Hand - Current on hand quantity.
- Pack Quantity - Supports pack purchase requirements for parts. On-Hand will represent each individual item within the pack. The pack quantity is used primarily in purchasing.
- Physical On-Hand - A system calculated field based on entries in the parts ledger.
- Physical Value - Ledger value of this part record, On-hand multiplied by Cost.
- Entry Date - Date the part was entered into the inventory. This value represents when this part first entered the locations inventory.
- Last Sale Date - Date this part was last sold at the specific location.
- Replenishment Date - Date the part was last replenished at the specific location.
- Days in Stock - Used to measure the duration of parts in-stock.
- On-Order - Count of on-order records for this part.
- On-Backorder - Count of this part currently on-backorder.
The settings related to a specific part determining how the part should be stocked within the location.
- Stocking Group - Stocking Groups determine sales, cost of sales accounts this part, when sold, or added to inventory will be placed on the accounting ledgers. This lookup is also used for categorizing parts for reporting purposes.
- Source - Reporting field allowing users to store preferred part sourcing information.
- Source List - Reporting field specifying the pre-configured source list. This field offers structured sourcing lists/groups and acts as a high level reporting field. This is not a required field.
- Remarks - Internal reporting and inventory stock management field reserved for tracking remarks on this specific inventory item.
- Best Stocking Level - Number of units determined to be the best stocking level for this part.
- Re-Order Point - Use re-order point for running stock management and replenishment reports.
- Min - Minimum on-hand inventory desired stocking level for this part.
- Max - Maximum on hand stocking level for this part.
- Return Code - Notes specific to returns on this part.
Image and rich text resource, from the Parts Master
Related Lists are a selected group of Objects that relate to the Parts record. Related Lists are located at the bottom of a parts record.
Part Invoice Lines
This related list contains details on all parts invoice line sales. These lines are details of sales related to this part from Part Invoices and Repair Orders. This list can be customized by editing the related list on the standard page layout for the Parts Inventory Object.
Purchase Order Lines
This related list displays Purchase Order Lines related to this Part. This list can be customized by editing the Purchase Order Lines related list on the Parts Inventory Standard Page Layout.
This related list displays where this part has been added to Part Ledger Lines.
This related list records the history of all activity for this part at the specific location.