After completing this how-to you will learn to transfer one part(s) from one physical location to another. Doing so you will be able to track the part and it will automatically be integrated with your financial accounting solution.
Regardless of what dealership you are currently logged in to. You can choose to transfer a part out and in from one location to another. working out of
- Click DealerTeam Parts App.
- If Parts Transfers is not one of your tabs, click on All Tabs (+).
Continue from left to right.
Transfer details section. Included in the details are shipping information as well as part information.
The required fields are From Locations and To Location. Requested By is a memo field to denote who asked for the transfer.
- Click on Lookup icon
- A new window will pop up and display your most recently viewed locations. To look for a different location, type desired location in the From Location search bar then click All Fields then click Go! button.
- Select location name.
Repeat steps 1-3 for To Location
When you create a transfer it contains a From Location, a To Location and a Status. Included in the Transfer Details are shipping information and part information.
- Shipping Notes: include shipping information
- Part: search for part using auto complete look up
- Quantity: type in number of parts requested
- Order Line: Attach to repair order (RO) if applicable.
- If you want to associate an Order Line, you can do so with this entry.
- Anytime a part is sold negative the system can auto generate an order. This cancels out that order indicating that it has been filled.
- Comment: for any additional information.
- Click Add button. After clicking Add, it will pull that part from the inventory from San Francisco (SFO) and place it on current transfer at the FIFO or LIFO cost of that part.
- You'll notice the Commit Transfer button is now available. Do not click Commit Transfer until you have included all parts needed to transfer.
To add additional parts to transfer, repeat steps 2-6 above.
Click Commit Transfer.
By committing transfer it locks down the ability to add additional parts and it creates a purchase order in the receiving location with those items associated. At this time a transaction is sent to to the integrated financial accounting solution saying take this "x" amount of dollars out of parts inventory in SFO and placed in a pre-sales holding account while this part is in transit (4:11).
****Change picture out when bug is fixed.****
As you can see the Status is now Committed. The Commit Transfer button is no longer available. You can also reverse the transfer with the Reverse Transfer button. That will be covered in (another article/in this pathways).
Now the receiving dealership "Riverside" gets order and pulls out parts from truck. They never go into transfer screen they go into the purchase order screen. From purchase order screen they can see that this part is associated with a intercompany transfer. But the process it just like a parts purchase from any other vendor.
From Purchase Order screen you will see that this Purchase Order is associated with a intercompany Transfer. You process order just like you are processing a Parts Purchase from any other vendor.