The Sales Up
The Sale Up is designed to capture information about a customer with the desire to buy a vehicle. Such as their contact information, needs assessment, the desired vehicle, possible trade-ins, and finance options. A sales up is not a car deal. It becomes a car deal after the customer has signed a proposed write up and committed to buy the vehicle.
- Lead Name - Account Name (Buyer) plus a Desired Vehicle makes up the Lead Name. If no desired vehicle is selected, the lead name will only display the buyer.
- Show/Hide Feed - This button will show and hide the Chatter Feed attached to this Sales Up record.
- Related Lists - Related Lists displayed in the header offer a hover feature to view content without scrolling. They are also located at the bottom of each page.
Sales Up Detail
The Sales Up Detail section provides information about the Lead, Buyer and Co-Buyer, Sales Process, Location and the Sales Team. Action Buttons can be included to offer functional shortcuts.
- The Customer Account and Buyer field are usually the same. Both hyperlinks point back to the Account record. The Shopper field is used to indicate the vehicle is for someone other than the Buyer or Co-Buyer.
- Greet & Meet through Write Up track where the salesperson is with the customer and provides visually check boxes throughout the sales process.
- The Car Deal field will only have a hyperlink when an existing car deal is attached to the Sales Up.
- The Lead Status, Lead Date, Lead Type and Source fields are an effective way to measure how customers are finding the dealership.
- The Owner of the record is controlled by assigning Salesperson 1. These fields record the sales team working with the prospect.
- Store Location identifies where the customer interaction is taking place and records all data to the correct roof top.
The Sales Up provides a section to perform a Needs Analysis for the End User. Use the look-up field End User to select the Account the data collected from the needs analysis will be save to.
The animated Gif shows the Chair Dimensions have been entered. The Actual/Estimated picklist confirms the chair measurements. The Analysis Date and Needs Assessment Recorded By fields are set, along with the End User Birthday. Enter a Claim# if there was a medical prescription for the disability and include the Chair Brand.
Use the picklists to select the End-User Type, as a passenger or driver, and to record the Physical Challenge.
When the analysis is complete, click Save to record the data. Use the Update Assessment button to record any edits. On the End-User Account the Needs Assessment section will be updated each time the Needs Analysis is saved from the Sales Up.
The desired vehicle is added to the Lead Name only when Stock# is used to look-up an in-stock vehicle. Hover the cursor over the Stock# field and double click to open the inline edit feature and access the look-up. Do not click on an existing desired vehicle or the hyperlink will redirected you to the vehicle inventory record.
After the desired vehicle is selected it will display in orange. Click Save to commit the desired vehicle to the Sales Up. Available fields populated on the Vehicle Inventory record will auto-populate the rest of the section.
Search by Stock# again and save the record to add multiple desired vehicles. The last vehicle saved will display in the Up record but multiple desired vehicles will be stored in the related list.
If the desired vehicle is not in stock, the description fields can be populated manually without a Stock#.
Collect actual and desired financial information from the customer. Record the desired monthly payment, available down payment, pre-qualified loan amount, purchase vs. lease, and preferred finance method.
Collect trade information from the prospect. Record the VIN and Mileage of a potential trade-in. There is a more comprehensive screen for appraising the trade-in and determining the value. This section of the Sales Up is the first place to note possible trades to later be added to the Deal Screen.
The related lists are physically located at the bottom of the sales up record. They are identical to the related list hyperlinks located in the page header. The hover feature allows a user to access data in the related lists without scrolling or jumping to the bottom of the page.