How to enable feed tracking
Follow this click path to get started
2. To display feed activity for related objects scroll to the bottom and check the box "All Related Objects". Click Save.
3. Repeat the same process for different objects you wish to enable feed tracking.
Feed Tracking - General Knowledge and Tips
When you enable objects and fields for feed tracking, people see Chatter feed updates for objects and changes to fields on records they follow.
|To customize fields tracked in feeds: ||“Customize Application” |
|To view the field tracking setup page: ||“View Setup and Configuration” |
Feed tracking is available for objects and fields. You can configure feed tracking for users, chatter groups, topics, custom objects, and the following standard objects: accounts, article types, customers, dashboards, sales ups, vehicle inventory, reports, and tasks & events.
Sharing rules and field-level security determine visibility of record changes in Chatter feeds; you must be
able to see a record in order to see changes to that record in feeds.
Consider the following feed tracking tips:
- These objects and fields are tracked by default
|Account ||account name, account owner |
|Chatter Group ||Allow Customers, Description, Group Access, Information Body, Information Title, Name, Owner Name |
|Customer ||Account Name, Customer Owner, Name |
|Sales Ups ||Sales Up Owner, Status, Name |
|Car Deal ||Amount, Close Date, Car Deal, Name, Owner, Stage |
|Topic ||Description |
|User ||About Me, Address, E-mail, Manager, Phone, Title |
- If Sales Ups are tracked, but Accounts, Customers, or Car Deals are not, users won't be able to follow or see updates related to the Accounts, Customers, and Car Deals created during the conversation and updates on the Sales Up record.
- For Person Accounts, select the account fields you want to track. You can follow account fields, NOT contact fields. For example, select the Email field for the account to see a chatter post when someone changes the email on a Person Account.
- Feed tracking for Events does not include request meetings. Once a request meeting is confirmed and becomes an event, then it can be tracked.
- While you can follow Activities and Knowledge Articles in a chatter feed, the button in the Action column for Activity and Knowledge Article list views are not available.
- Feed tracked changes for Topics (changes to a topic's description) appear only on the profile page of the person who made the change, and not on the topic page or in your feed, even if you're following the topic.
- If you disable feed tracking for Topics, users can no longer follow new topics, but they continue to follow the ones they followed when feed tracking was enabled. These topics count toward the maximum number of people, topics, and records that they can follow. Use the Chatter REST API to stop following topics after feed tracking has been disabled.
- Tracked feed updates that are older than 45 days and have no likes or comments are removed from the feed automatically. The tracked feed updates no longer appear in the feed, but the audit history for the tracked objects are still available.